MW

Writer 👩🏼‍💻 Creative ☔️ wineandbrunch.co
Hi 👋 Try my DM, I like to chat if I find a minute for it. I dream of building things and that's why I joined NoCodeDevs 👾
MW
Hi everyone,

First of all, I wanted to thank Art for listening to my problems and ultimately creating this awesome Help Forum which I'm planning on visiting a lot :) and Sam who suggested I should ask the NCD community :)  

Now, getting to my question. I've started NCD Pinterest to Webflow Bootcamp , because my community was originally built on IG and Pinterest. My idea is to get into Pinterest curation through my website. 

Now, I would love to dive deeper into Webflow, but I've got a decent website built with WordPress that I would happily use for this project and pospone building something more sophisticated with Webflow for the next one. 

What would be the disadvantages of developing this or similar projects within a WordPress website or what would be the perks of actually switching to Webflow already and would it be worth it? 

The biggest perk as I see it right now is that having my website built with WP already, I can dedicate more time to the content itself which I never find enough time for. 

Looking forward to hearing from you :) 
MW 
Probably for now, Wordpress is ok. My recommendation would be to just get into webflow and create a few sites under their free plan and just get comfortable with their platform. Once you feel good about it, then you will have a better idea if you want to take the dive.  
MW replied
  ·  1 reply
I see no disadvantages of building with WP compared to Webflow. But I have 12 years of experience with it and I sysadmin my own servers. So if you're not comfortable with your own devops, I suggest you to use good managed WP hosting and that would rid you of all associated troubles.
MW
Btw, this is an article Sam has sent me if anyone would like to have a look :)

https://webflow.com/blog/moving-from-wordpress-to-webflow
Art West replied
  ·  1 reply